Frequently Asked Questions
Giveaways and Donations
There are so many wonderful podcasts, blogs, designers, Facebook pages and Instagram accounts that feature hand dyed yarn.
If I supply yarn for a giveaway, it will be my choice and I would rather offer yarn than be asked to.
Do you sell wholesale?
Thank you for your interest. I am not taking on wholesale customers at this time. Here is an interesting article about wholesale and the indie dyer.
How can I contact you?
Please leave your email address in your message so that I can respond to you.
- Check out the social media links below to connect with us.
Where can I buy your yarn?
- Located in St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada.
- Sales are conducted online. Shop here. We do not have a physical storefront. Stopping at my house to squish yarn turns out to be very expensive for you!
- Prices are in Canadian dollars.
- Payment is made through PayPal, or for Canadians only – Interac email transfer.
- After payment verification has been received, your order will most often be shipped out the next business day. You will receive an email when the order ships.
- Orders will be mailed from St. Stephen, New Brunswick through Canada Post.
- Tracking numbers (if applicable), will be emailed to you when your order ships.
- International orders will have the purchase amount on the customs form. You are responsible for any duties or taxes applied by your country. International orders do not come with a tracking number as that greatly increases the shipping price.
Flat rate shipping with tracking
For Canada and the United States, I am offering a flat rate shipping option with tracking. You can order 2 skeins or 10 skeins for one shipping price. This is the most economical way for you to get your yarn and know when it will get to you. Shipping rates may vary depending on where you live in Canada.
“One-skein-only” shipping – no tracking
Canada – One skein, vacuum packed and sent in a large envelope with no tracking. This is a cheaper option for Canadians if you only want one skein of yarn and are not concerned about tracking it.
United States – shipping one skein with no tracking number. Shipped small packet airmail.
- I encourage you to share photos of Bayview Fiber Arts’ yarn!
- When sharing my photos, please give proper credit by using my website name, www.bayviewfiberarts.com; Instagram name, @BayviewFiberArts; or hashtag #bayviewfiberarts.
Will you dye a custom yarn for me?
I do not dye custom colors. I feel horribly stifled when I try to match someone else’s creative vision.
A search on Etsy or Google “hand dyed yarn custom”, may help you find a custom dyer.
I don’t see the yarn that I want on your website, can I reserve it or will you make a private/custom listing for me?
Not at this time. I usually send out a newsletter when there is a shop update. You may need to move quickly if you want one of the skeins shown.
- Plain and simple; your information is never shared or sold.
- The yarn must not be caked, balled, soiled or smelly. It must be in re-sellable condition.
- Refunds will only be given with prior arrangement & return of the item(s) in original condition within 21 days of purchase date.
- If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
- The buyer is responsible for return shipping charges.